Official CompTIA Network+ (N10-006) Training with Live Labs & Official Exam
Learning networking fundamentals can open the doors to a whole host of new positions in the IT and tech industry - from field engineers to help desk technicians - and becoming certified in this field can be an ideal next step for those that already hold the CompTIA A+ qualification. With this CompTIA Network+ package everything is included, so you’ll have full access to teaching materials, resources, and tests, and can then book the final exam when you are ready to validate your knowledge and skills.
Learning Objectives For This Package
As you follow this interactive learning journey you’ll benefit from a range of teaching tools, all with one aim in mind – helping you achieve a pass in the CompTIA Network+ exam. You’ll build on existing tech knowledge and learn new skills, all focused on networking fundamentals. Expect to learn about setting up and installing different networks, WAN infrastructures, remote networking and network security issues, cloud computing and emerging technology. This is a comprehensive course that will give you a solid grounding in many of the systems and issues you could encounter in a networking position.
Why Invest In This Course?
If you already hold the CompTIA A+ certification, then this could be a natural next step for you. Nine months of hands-on experience is suggested before you complete the exam part of this package, which you can build upon throughout the course. Buying both course and exam together will set your goals in motion in an affordable, flexible way.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Complete the full CompTIA Network+ course, then prepare and take the final exam, as you seek to become a certified networking technician.
- You’ll become proficient in network theory, networking standards, the OSI model, network types and data transmission methods.
- Examine bounded and unbounded network media, including wireless networking and installation, copper and fiber optic networks, and noise control.
- Learn more about physical and logical network topologies, and Ethernet networks.
- Look further into network devices and VLANS.
- Get to grips with the TCP/IP protocol suite, and learn how to create custom IP addresses. Lesson also include IPv6 implementation and delivery.
- Familiarise yourself with static routing, and how to implement a dynamic IP routing scheme.
- Get to grips with different TCP/IP services, including domain naming, and various TCP/IP commands.
- Become a master of cloud computing, SAN implantation and virtualisation.
- Gain an understanding of network security basics, system vulnerabilities, threats and attacks, and encryption methods.
- Learn how to prevent security breaches, examine physical and network access controls, learn how to install and configure firewalls, and look at intrusion detection and prevention.
- Increase your knowledge of incident management and response, and take lessons on basic forensic concepts.
- Become familiar with remote networking concepts, the architecture, virtual private networking and various VPN protocols.
- Learn how to effectively manage a network. Content includes network monitoring, performance optimisation, and how to configure management documents.
- Learn a variety of troubleshooting techniques, different troubleshooting models, utilities and tools, along with connection and security issues.
- To achieve a pass mark in the CompTIA Network+ exam you must be competent in, and display a solid knowledge of all the topics covered in this course.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Track your progress with pre and post assessments, and embedded challenge questions throughout the lessons.
- Challenge yourself with full length practice tests that map to official exam objectives.
- Learn from a range of engaging flash cards, Live Labs and quizzes to keep you motivated.
- Benefit from a powerful credential that will show you have the skills and knowledge businesses can trust.
- Stay current with evolving technologies and make yourself stand out from the crowd.
- When you are ready you can book your CompTIA Network+ exam at a time and location to suit.
- Network Theory
- Bounded Network Media
- Unbounded Network Media
- Network Implementations
- TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
- TCP/IP Services
- WAN Infrastructure
- Cloud and Virtualization Technologies
- Network Security Basics
- Preventing Security Breaches
- Responding to Security Incidents
- Remote Networking
- Network Management
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
- Appendix C
- Video Tutorials
All exams are sat in pearson Vue test centres.
|Online Course with Exam|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android