CompTIA IT Fundamentals Exam
CompTIA IT Fundamentals is the only basic level exam in the CompTIA family. It covers a range of IT topics, from networking and cyber security essentials to hardware and software basics, and proves a solid understanding of the technology concepts and practices used by organisations. It’s a wise investment for those considering a career in IT and related positions that require an understanding of IT. It’s also the ideal starting point for individuals wishing to take further CompTIA exams of a Professional, Master and Speciality level.
What Is CompTIA?
CompTIA stands for the Computing Technology Industry Association – which is a well respected trade association issuing professional certifications for the IT industry. An IT qualification accredited by CompTIA is sure to impress potential employers.
Where Do I Sit My Exam?
This exam voucher is valid for one year. When you feel ready to sit the exam you need to register with Pearson VUE and find a test centre near you. There are test centres across the UK so you’re sure to find a convenient option. Then simply schedule your exam for a time and date that suits you. You can also reschedule and cancel exams using the Pearson VUE account online.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The are 75 multiple choice questions on this 60 minute exam. Topics that may be tested will be of a foundation level and may include:
- Identifying and explaining computer components.
- Installing software.
- Establishing network connectivity.
- Preventing security risks.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Begin your CompTIA accreditation journey with the only Basic level exam in the series.
- Gain a solid foundation in IT skills and progress to the higher level exams if you wish.
- Prove your IT skills and gain an advantage when applying for entry level positions.
- Add an official CompTIA qualification to your CV.
- Basic level IT skills are useful in a number of jobs and businesses.
- Students can prove their IT skills and begin their professional life with a respected qualification.
- No specific prior experience or qualifications are needed to sit this exam. You might take the related CompTIA course or draw on previous study or related workplace experience.
- Sample questions and exam objectives available to help you prepare.
All exams are sat in pearson Vue test centres.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android