Official CompTIA Security+ Exam (SY0-401)
It would be hard to count the sheer amount of data that is transmitted and stored on networks in businesses across the world, but it’s easy to see how important it is that the data is protected and secured. This is where IT Security professionals come in, and if you take and pass this Official CompTIA Security+ exam (SYO-401), you could be joining them. As a benchmark for best practices in IT security, this certification will prove you have the skills to secure networks, deter hackers, and are ready for the new career opportunity that awaits.
What is the CompTIA Network+ Exam?
A maximum of 90 multiple choice and performance based questions make up this exam, which covers a range of network security essentials. You can expect to be tested on network security, compliance and operation security, and common threats and vulnerabilities in networks. Topics also include access control, identity management and cryptography.
Who is the Exam Aimed At?
Relevant experience is recommended to take this exam, and course leaders suggest you already hold the CompTIA Network+ certification and have two years of IT admin experience with a security focus. Possible career options when you’ve gained certification included network administrator, security or systems administrator, or security specialist.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
To achieve a pass mark and certification learners should demonstrate a solid knowledge and practical understanding in the following areas:
- Risk assessment, including developing policies, standards and guidelines.
- How to monitor and diagnose networks, with topics such as securing the network, reporting security issues, and detection and prevention controls, included.
- Understanding the infrastructure of different networks, designing a secure network, and mastering TCP/IP.
- Access control, authentication and authorisation – including remote access connectivity, an understanding of access control and authentication services, and implementing access control best practice.
- An understanding of protecting wireless networks, wireless devices, and vulnerabilities.
- A working knowledge of cloud computing and virtualisation.
- Knowledge of application hardening, host and application security, data protection through fault tolerance and best practice.
- Understand cryptography, using cryptographic systems, standards and protocols, and public key infrastructure.
- Demonstrate knowledge of malware, how to survive viruses, different types of attacks, and tools used for finding threats.
- Look at social engineering and physical security, environmental controls, and different control types and data policies.
- An understanding of security administration, including third party integration, classifying information, privacy and security regulations compliance, and alternatives to mitigate security risks.
- Disaster recovery and incident response, including penetration testing and business continuity issues.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Take a logical next step in your IT career and open the door to a range of future job options in IT security.
- You’ll have access to a range of training materials that match up with exam objectives to help you prepare for the test.
- Achieve the pass mark and your skills will be validated for three years.
- Security+ is an official CompTIA certification, with material developed and managed by a team of industry experts.
- Current or future employers will recognise your skills, and that you are ready for a new position in IT security.
All exams are sat in pearson Vue test centres.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android