Official CompTIA Security+ (SY0-401) Training with Live Labs
Network security and risk management is one of the most in-demand areas of expertise in the fast-moving world of IT. This means passing the SY0-401 exam to get certified with the world-renowned and industry-validated CompTIA Security+ is a smart career move for any ambitious IT professional. This great-value, expert-led online course contains all you need to know to do just that.
What Does the Course Include?
As you work through the modules to get ready to sit the SY0-401 exam (not included) you will develop a comprehensive understanding of network administration and learn how to secure and manage all aspects of a network from CPU cycles to software used by individuals and across a network.
How Do I Study?
All learning takes place online, making this a time and cost effective solution both for individuals and businesses looking to get employees certified in network security and risk management. The flexibility of online study makes it easy for learners to progress at their own pace, thus maximising their chance of gaining career-enhancing certification on their first try.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Progress through the interactive, practical modules to learn all you need to know to get certified with CompTIA Security+.
- In the introduction section cover security knowledge, knowledge domains, exam prerequisites, taking the exam and exam preparation tips.
- Get to grips with key principles and concepts.
- Focus on assessment tools and risk mitigation.
- Learn about incident response and security policies.
- Undertake important security awareness training.
- Learn about best practice when it comes to risk management.
- Explore network infrastructure devices and network services.
- Find out about VLAN and network design.
- Focus on TCP/IP networking.
- Take a look at common network protocols and protocol ports.
- Find out about firewalls and security-related network tools.
- Learn about wireless networking and application servers.
- Get to grips with data and database servers.
- Gain an understanding of authentication and authentication services.
- Learn about cryptography then move on to cryptography tools.
- Turn your attention to public key infrastructure.
- Learn about authentication and cryptography attacks.
- Find out what you need to know about wired network attacks and wireless network attacks.
- Learn about application vulnerabilities and database attacks.
- Move on to server vulnerabilities and malware issues.
- Get to grips with the important topic of social engineering including phishing attacks and identity theft.
- Focus on additional attacks before exploring covering tracks and backdoors.
- Learn what you need to know about detecting attacks.
- Find out about automated detecting, physical security and environmental controls.
- Explore secure administration, server hardening and network interface security.
- Learn about vulnerability scan and application security.
- Get to grips with update and patch management.
- Explore the area of virtualization and cloud computing.
- Find out about general hardening and forensics.
- Learn about static devices and mobile security concepts.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Technical support is on hand, should it be required.
- Access to the course is for 12 months on signing up.
- Sit the SY0-401 exam in confidence after testing your skills with the hundreds of practice questions included in the course.
- Move forward in your IT security career and get ahead of the competition by preparing to pass the SY0-401 exam with flying colours.
- Security Fundamentals
- Identifying Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Managing Data, Application, and Host Security
- Implementing Network Security
- Implementing Access Control, Authentication, and Account Management
- Managing Certificates
- Implementing Compliance and Operational Security
- Risk Management
- Troubleshooting and Managing Security Incidents
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Appendix A
- Video Tutorials
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android