CompTIA Individual Lab Practice
Enhance practical PC and networking skills with access to the CompTIA Individual Lab Practice, providing students with a way to bring their training to life. Using cutting edge online delivery technologies students will be able to recreate complex technical scenarios and develop fixes without affecting the mission-critical systems at their place of work.
For just £50 a single student has access to the complete Practice Lab platform and CompTIA training resources, representing an extremely cost effective way to learn new skills and “build” a test environment using the latest technologies.
The Practice Lab uses dedicated hardware and network resources from the most common IT vendors, so that students can practice and perfect their technical skills. Among the many people who will benefit from the bundle are:
- Trainee IT engineers needing a safe environment in which to practice their skills without placing their “live” corporate systems at risk.
- IT technicians and engineers who are working towards a CompTIA A+, Network+, Server+ or Security+ certifications and who need a test system on which to recreate each of the course scenarios environment in which to train and develop as part of their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) obligations.
- Engineers who need a “safe” environment in which to sharpen and maintain their skills.
- Individuals who are looking to cross-train for a new career in IT engineering and support.
The Practice Labs are an essential tool for students, providing a “real-world” system set-up in which to test their knowledge and skills. Using the bundled CompTIA courseware and self-assessment tools, students can identify topics that require additional study and practice. The Individual Lab Practice allows a single user access to a dedicated hardware resource to complete practice exercises and test their skills without the need to invest in a costly test lab of their own.
Students purchasing the CompTIA Individual Lab Practice will be able to study towards several CompTIA qualifications as they use the Practice Lab facilities and bundled courseware.
Learn more about practice labs
View more about Practice Labs
Key Learning Points
With an always-on, always-accessible practice lab, students are free to experiment and learn from “mistakes” without fear of causing problems to their “live” network resources. Among the many benefits provided in the low-cost CompTIA Individual Lab Practice are:
- Complete administrator level access to all the server and network resources they need. Students then have the necessary permissions to configure and reconfigure systems as required to complete their training.
- The Practice Labs use a range of systems from the most popular hardware vendors including Microsoft and Cisco, allowing them to develop valuable, real-world skills as they practice in the lab.
- Students are able to build real world and exam-related practical scenarios in a safe environment, allowing them to solve practical and theoretical problems alike.
- The Practice Lab delivered online without the need to install any additional client software. And without any time scheduling, resources are available whenever required, allowing students to study as best suits them.
- The bundle also includes a collection of CompTIA courses - A+, Server+, Network+ and Security+ exams – helping students better focus their practical training.
Advantages of this course
The CompTIA Individual Lab Practice is the perfect tool for helping individual technical employees refine and improve their skills. Among the many benefits students will realise with the bundle are:
- A way to develop new skills using cutting edge technologies but without buying and building a costly dedicated test lab of their own.
- Freedom to develop new skills, or to sharpen existing knowledge, without jeopardising the good running of the production system at their place of work.
- Bundled access to valuable CompTIA resources, allowing students to work towards industry-recognised qualifications as well as sharpening their skills.
- Experienced engineers and technicians can use the Practice Lab to support their Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- The opportunity to develop new skills that will employees be more effective in their current role, or to lay the groundwork for a promotion within the IT service delivery department.
By combining the experience gained from working on the Practice Labs with the lessons contained in each of the CompTIA courses, students will acquire a set of industry-recognised skills that are instantly transferrable. Students will also be fully prepared to sit any of the CompTIA certification exams, providing further proof of their skills and experience.
Live Labs help to improve your understanding of specific exam objectives and provide direction on how to carry out actions in real world scenarios.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above