Communication Techniques for Managers
Good communication skills are vital for any manager in the workplace, so if you’re applying for management roles, or are already in such a position, this course is ideal. Designed to boost your confidence as a communicator and teach you the techniques needed for most effective communication, the Communication Techniques for Managers course is a wise investment.
What Will I Learn?
Through the five comprehensive modules of this course you’ll learn how to communicate with your team better, including communicating with those who have different communication methods to yourself. Dealing with conflict is an important part of this course, enabling you to control and diffuse any workplace issues confidently.
When Will I Learn?
You can study whenever and wherever you choose! This course is delivered wholly online, and is compatible with most devices and browsers, so you can access it at home, on the go or anywhere else that’s convenient. There’s only six hours in total of course content, which can easily fit into even the busiest lifestyle, whether you choose to study during your lunch break, after work, or even during your daily commute.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through five modules to give yourself a good grounding in communication techniques for managers. Modules include; Emotional intelligence and other key attributes of effective and sustainable leadership, The crucial role of communication skills in effective leadership and management, The ability to interact, motivate and work with co-workers, Effective team building strategies and skills, and Conflict resolution.
- Learn the attributes of an effective communicator.
- Understand the difference between soft and hard skills.
- Look at the concept of self-awareness in a manager.
- Gain an understanding of the pros and cons of different management styles.
- Confirm your understanding of the importance of human interactions in the workplace.
- Look at the different types of communication styles and learn why strong communication skills are crucial to workplace success.
- Educate yourself on the communication strategies that successful managers employ.
- Discover the importance of posture, listening and modulation.
- Practise active listening and interacting with others effectively.
- Understand how to create an environment that empowers and motivates employees.
- Learn how to build and manage strong and empowered teams, including incentives and motivation.
- Look at the causes of conflict in the workplace and the skills and tools required for successful conflict resolution.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- This course is delivered entirely online and is compatible with all major devices and browsers.
- Learn whenever and wherever is most convenient.
- 12 months access means there are no deadlines to meet and you can revisit the material whenever you like.
- The short six hour course can easily fit around other commitments.
- Boost your CV with these practical management skills and enjoy enhanced success in a management position.
- Online support is available if required.
Talk your way to better career prospects with this Communication Techniques for Managers course.
- Definition, importance and relevance of soft skills in the workplace
- Importance of people interactions and people skills
- The concept of self-awareness in a manager
- Pros and cons of different types of management styles
- Why strong communication skills are crucial to workplace success
- Effective communication strategies for managers
- Active listening skills (barriers to listening and tips to listen actively)
- Body language, posture, gestures
- Successful interaction in the workplace
- Trust, employee independence and accountability
- Patience as a valuable managerial communication skill
- How to create an empowering environment and motivate employees
- Factors that promote high performance team building
- Assigning roles to each member; selecting the right team
- Techniques for team empowerment
- Incentives and motivation
- Causes of workplace conflict
- Different conflict styles including interdependence, competition, personality clashes etc.
- Conflict behaviours and resolution strategies; interest-based relational approach
- Ideas and insights on transforming negative workplace experiences into positive experiences
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad