ICB Member - Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping & Accounts (Exam Only) (ABA8, ABA9)
Discover the basic principles of advanced bookkeeping and accounts, and acquire a new set of skills that can be applied across a vast range of industries, whether you happen to work in an employed or self-employed capacity.
Due to the flexible and accessible nature of online learning, students are able to complete the first assessment at home or work, depending on their individual needs and preferences. The final part of the exam consists of a combination of data entry based and multiple choice questions and is designed to test students' knowledge and understanding of the course syllabus.
ICB have an enviable reputation for helping its members establish new qualifications and improve their career prospects, and for maintaining high standards of professional excellence. They help to promote the vital role that bookkeepers play in the world of business, ensuring that members are kept abreast of all the latest industry developments so that they are able to provide an outstanding service to their customers.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
It is aimed at students who have already been successful in achieving the Level III Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts, and who hold a valid student registration/ICB membership.
- The exam consists of 1 online assessment that the student can take at home or from their place of work, and 1 assessment that takes place at an external ICB examination centre:
- Paper ABA8 – Final management accounts of incorporated businesses
- Paper ABA9 – Level IV External Assessment
- The assessments may also test elements of the Level II Certificate in Bookkeeping and the Level II Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts.
Upon successful completion, students can:
- Prepare a set of accounts using information from an incomplete set of records
- Prepare a set of final accounts for a limited company to the appropriate industry standard
- Act in accordance with industry best practice and current legislation
- Make adjustments to the capital share of partners where applicable
- Interpret financial statements i.e. calculate and explain ratios for profitability and liquidity
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Students who successfully pass both assessments receive the Level IV Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping and Accounts, and are subsequently qualified to carry out the duties of an employed or self-employed bookkeeper for limited companies and limited liability partnerships.
- Equips students with advanced knowledge and practical skills, allowing them to carry out specialised tasks confidently, efficiently and to a high professional standard.
- The course and accompanying exam are available year-round to all students who hold a valid registration or ICB membership.
- Upon passing both assessments and gaining the full Level IV qualification, students have the option to upgrade their level of membership to Affiliate Member of ICB, and are awarded the following designatory letters, MICB.
Salary range chart
Career path Chart
|2 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Free Disk space|
|5 GB Free Space Required|
|Min. Screen Resolution|
|1024 x 768|
|Internet Explorer 10 or above