ICB Associate - Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping & Accounts (Course with Exam) (BA4, BA5, BA6, BA7)
Gain essential knowledge and practical skills that will enable successful delegates to work in the position of an employed or self-employed bookkeeper for non-incorporated businesses, sole-traders, partnerships and non-profit organisations (such as charities). Learn how to perform important duties such as preparing ledger balances, producing accurate VAT returns and posting year-end adjustments to the appropriate industry standard.
This course is intended as a follow-up for students who have previously achieved the Level II Certificate in Bookkeeping. It is designed to help students build on the knowledge and skills already acquired so that they are better placed to be able to advance their career to the next level.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will have learnt to:
- Understand the importance of adhering to a code of ethical principles.
- Know when and how to take appropriate action in order to prevent and/or cope with unethical behaviour in their place of work.
- Understand and take into consideration any legislation that may apply.
- Identify and understand the legal differences between the structures of various types of businesses.
- Know the main accounting concepts and understand how they should be applied within a business context
- Act in accordance with the most up to date bookkeeping and accounts legislation and industry best practice.
The course is designed and accredited by the ICB (The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers). They have a globally renowned reputation for empowering students and members with the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to be able to pursue a rewarding and fulfilling career in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.
- Online course – study on your laptop, tablet or phone.
- Full version of Sage Instant Accounts.
- One year’s student membership to the ICB.
- Tutor Support.
- Practice assignments.
- Mock Exam.
- Final Exams.
- Interest free payments available.
- NUS Extra Card available (for small additional fee).
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Students who wish to enrol on this course must have previously gained the ICB Level II Certificate in Bookkeeping or an equivalent qualification with an industry-recognised awarding body, and must also hold a valid ICP membership.
- Gain all the necessary skills and knowledge required to work in the role of an employed or self-employed bookkeeper for non-incorporated businesses.
- Equips students with an understanding of some of the slightly more advanced areas of bookkeeping and accounts so that they :
- Know how to prepare ledger accounts, control the sales and purchases ledgers and reconcile bank statements with these ledgers
- Understand the definitions of 'Control Accounts and Reconciliations' and 'Adjustments'
- Are able to prepare final accounts for non-incorporated businesses and organisations
- Know how to produce an accurate VAT form to an acceptable industry standard
- Can post end of year adjustments to accounts where necessary, and understand when and why this becomes applicable
- Can produce final accounts for sole traders, partnerships and non-profit organisations
- Are able to work confidently with both manual and computerised bookkeeping and accounts systems
- The exam consists of 3 timed online assessments that students can complete from the comfort of their own homes or place of work, and 1 timed centre-based assessment.
- Benefit from an exciting and flexible online learning solution that's designed to appeal to students of all ages and who work within a diverse range of industries and sectors.
- Learn skills that can be applied across a wide range of industries and sectors, and whether working in an employed or self-employed capacity.
NOTE: This course includes Sage Instant Accounts software which will be delivered 14 days after course activation. The courses we offer which include Sage software must require a windows based laptop/PC. The course will play on any device, however, you will not be able to complete the course without access to the software.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Covers some of the slightly more advanced areas of bookkeeping and accounts for students who have already successfully completed the Level II Certificate in Bookkeeping, and who wish to build on their existing framework of knowledge.
- Suitable for those who work/wish to work in either an employed or self-employed capacity.
- Acquire knowledge and practical skills that are applicable within any non-incorporated business that uses a manual or computerised bookkeeping and accounts system.
- Available to registered ICB members all throughout the year, so students can take the course at a time that suits their schedule.
- The exam consists of 3 online assessments that students are able to take from home or work, and 1 assessment that students can take at a registered external ICB centre.
- Upon successful completion of the course, delegates receive the Level III Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts, and are subsequently qualified to work unsupervised in the role of employed or self-employed bookkeeper.
Salary range chart
Career path Chart
- Understand the importance of adhering to a code of ethical principles
- Understand when and how to take appropriate action to cope with unethical behaviour
- Understand the legal differences between the structures of various types of businesses
- Understand the main accounting concepts that apply
- Understand the different rules that apply when processing VAT transactions
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Prepare a bank reconciliation statement.
- Use control accounts to reconcile sales and purchase ledgers
- Understand the need to correct errors
- Reconcile the VAT account
- Complete a VAT return
- Calculate depreciation
- Account for the disposal of fixed assets
- Understand the need to allow for adjustments to the accounts
- Prepare a set of final accounts for a sole trader from a given trial balance
- Prepare a set of final accounts for ‘not-for-profit’ organisations
- Prepare a set of final accounts for a partnership
|Online Course with Exam|
|ICB Associate - Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping & Accounts|
|2 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Free Disk space|
|5 GB Free Space Required|
|Min. Screen Resolution|
|1024 x 768|
|Internet Explorer 10 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android
Other infoThe Sage Instant software associated with this course runs only on windows.