CIMA Professional - Management Level (P2) Performance Management
Continue with your journey towards achieving the CIMA Professional Chartered Management Accounting qualification and jump into the P2 Performance Management course, one of the three units that make up the management level of the higher level CIMA qualification. With an emphasis on managing and improving the decision making process, students will cover four separate modules as part of the course, which will combine to provide an overall mark.
What Can I Expect?
With the whole course delivered online, there’s no need to worry about anything other than ensuring your PC is operational and your access to the Internet is unhindered. Over the course of the study period, you will cover a variety of subjects, split into four manageable chunks so that your chance of success is as high as possible. As part of the course, students will focus on pricing and product decisions (30%), cost planning and analysis for competitive advantage (30%), budgeting and management control (20%), and control and performance measurement of responsibility centres (20%). Upon completion, you can continue to the third course within the management level of the CIMA qualification - F2 Financial Management – and move one step closer to your professionally qualified accountancy career.
Set Yourself Apart from Your Competition
It can be difficult to stand above your competition when applying for jobs, with so many people applying for the same positions. Completion of this industry recognised course, and eventual achievement of the CIMA Professional Chartered Management Accounting qualification, will vastly improve your chances of career progression and a bright future as a professional chartered management accountant.
Key learning points
The P2 Performance Management course contributes to the attainment of the CIMA Professional Chartered Management Accounting qualification. Applicants should have already completed the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting or equivalent.
- Understand the implications of cost and revenue, with regards to pricing and product decisions. Learn the principles of decision-making and understand the conflict issues that can arise during decision-making processes, and how to deal with them effectively.
- Learn how to analyse short-term pricing and product decisions, and how uncertainty and risk can impact decision models using CVP analysis.
- Get to grips with pricing strategies, and understand the financial consequences that are involved, including profit maximisation, market skimming and product bundles.
- Learn how to evaluate techniques for analysing and managing costs to ensure competitive advantage. Compare and contrast functional cost analysis and value analysis.
- Learn how to prepare cost of quality reports, and understand and apply the key elements of Pareto analysis.
- Understand the principles that contribute to the use of budgets in control, including the concept of responsibility accounting and the various controllable and uncontrollable costs that can be encountered.
- Learn how to evaluate performance using budgets, using ratio analysis, ‘what if’ scenarios and using both fixed and flexible budget reports.
- Apply your knowledge of budgets in control to more diverse managerial issues.
- Learn more about the structure of an organisation, and the implications that it has on responsibility accounting.
- Apply decision-making knowledge that you have acquired to scenarios suitable for cost centre managers and investment centre managers.
- Gain insight into the consequences that can occur following the division of an organisation into responsibility centres.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Add practical performance management skills to your CV with immediate effect.
- Gain confidence in your ability to advise the decision-makers in your company.
- Completion means that you’re one more step along the path to achieving the CIMA Professional Chartered Management Accounting qualification – a highly regarded qualification in the accounting industry.
- Course materials are available for 24 months once you have signed up for the course, so no need to feel pressured into rushing you way through the units. Material is also delivered to you in bitesize chunks; you won’t receive all of the study pack at once, so you can concentrate on retaining the information one step at a time.
- Free upgrades to the course for a year; any change in legislation, regulation or information will be updated as and when it happens, so you learn the very latest facts and figures.
- Reference guides and exercises are printable, so you can learn away from the PC too. Plenty of varied learning materials including interactive simulations and practice assessments are available to aid retention and to ensure you stay engaged.
- Telephone and email support to help you if you get stuck.
Manage your own professional performance and sign up to complete this course as part of your CIMA training. What are you waiting for? Book today!
Salary range chart
Career path Chart
|CIMA Professional Performance Management|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above